There is nothing more fun than spending hours at a time playing with our favorite characters, whether on a console, on the computer or even on a mobile device, time always flies by.
But have you ever wondered if that can affect the health of your eyes? The truth is that yes, there are harmful effects for you, both in the long term and immediately. The good news is that you can follow some advice from the experts to minimize the impact and still enjoy your game. So stay with us to get to know them.
Table of Contents
Effects on the vision of an extensive gamer session
Some of the immediate effects that you may experience when playing video games for a long time are the following:
- Red, watery and irritated eyes
- Dryness of the eyes
- Difficulty to focus or blurred vision
- Double vision
Such symptoms indicate that you should take a break from the screen. Otherwise, you may develop a disease prematurely, such as nearsightedness, and need to start wearing glasses.
Tips to protect your eyesight during a gamer session
If you have suffered from any of the symptoms we have mentioned, it is time for you to consider these recommendations:
- Every 30 minutes take a break from the screen. You can get up and look out the window at objects in the distance.
- Get a monitor with technology designed to protect your eyes.
- Try to blink more often, since when we play the game the blinking becomes much more spaced out, which causes dryness in the eyes.
- Close your eyes and gently massage them in a circular motion with your fingertips, this will help you rest your eye muscles.
- Place your monitor in a suitable location to avoid reflecting light from a lamp or sunlight, as this could increase damage to your vision.
- Drink enough water to keep your your eyes moist.
- Reduce playing time.
I started with MMORPGs and I still play MMORPG, WOW and Tibia :). Casual player in mobile games and sometimes I play Shooters like Valorant or CSGO.