For a streaming to have an excellent quality you have to pay attention to certain aspects such as the connection. That signal is used so that users can view the content directly on their mobile devices or computers.
Some of the aspects that influence the quality depend on the type of connection (if it is fixed or wireless), the plan you have contracted with the service provider or the game itself, among other factors.
Do you want to perform a streaming and still have doubts about this topic? Read on to find the answers you’ve been looking for.
Table of Contents
Types of connections
Of all the connections that exist, these are the most frequently used and that you should know about:
- Connections fixed: These are those that are characterized by having little or no mobility because they work with a cable. Among the best known are those that work with optical fiber, ADSL, Cable, Analog, among others.
- Wireless Connections: Unlike the previous one, they have greater mobility because the connection is made through the air. Within this category we can mention both those that work through WiFi, Satellite and even those that are incorporated in the telephone line (3G, 4G, among others).
The best connectivity option for streaming
Although it has mobility limitations, fixed connectivity is the best mainly because it is much more stable, offers greater speed and power than other types of connections.
However, who says that wireless or wired connections cannot be used? Of course, they could also be useful in certain cases and because they offer that the player can play in a place shorter to his comfort. The only bad thing is the possible interferences.
For example, in areas where there are many WiFi networks, cordless phones, trees or some microwave ovens, the interference would completely affect the transmissions. In such cases, the best option will be one that is wired.
Resolutions you can use during live broadcasts
The resolution greatly influences the quality. For that reason, you should always pay enough attention to this issue. In this sense, here’s what you should know about this aspect:
- Until not so long ago, the standard SD resolution was 360 pixels, but it is currently in disuse. In this case, the upload speed needed is a minimum of 750 kbps.
- The next one is 480 pixels. Like the previous one it is also not the best alternative for today. If you are going to use it, you need at least 1 Mbps.
- In the case of resolution HD, of 720 pixels, 2.5 Mbps upstream is required.
- For Full HD resolution, of 1080 pixels, a minimum of 4.5 Mbps upstream is required.
Which is the best option?
Of the whole list, the options that should be used the most are HD or FHD, but it is really an issue that will depend a lot on what is the upload speed you have. That is to say, before making the transmission you have to validate this information.
On the other hand, choosing the right resolution type will allow you to avoid unwanted interruptions during the transmission. Therefore, it will always be better to have a 360p resolution that is stable, than to have a 720p resolution with interruptions.
Finally, in order to make the best decision it is essential to do all the tests before transmission. This is the only way to correct all those bugs before the users connect
Tips for a good streaming
There are many aspects that can positively or negatively influence a streaming, from bandwidth, resolution to hardware or software. In order for your streaming to have a good quality, it is important to keep in mind the following tips:
- Choose the type of fixed connection. Remember that this is the one that causes the least problems at the time of making the stream.
- Determine whether you want to stream in SD, HD or FullHD. In this way, you will be able to make the respective calculations to know if your bandwidth fits the selected resolution.
- Streams in SD, HD or FullHD.
- Check your internet speed using free online tools. One of the best and most used is SpeedTest.com. On that page you will find out what is the bandwidth you have. That is, you will know what is the upload and download data speed you have according to the plan you have purchased.
- Keep an eye on aspects such as frames per second, bitrate and resolution. Depending on what you want, you can modify these values so as not to affect the transmission quality.
- Use the most complete hardware and software to make the stream.
- Finally, choose the platform that best suits what you are going to stream. Some are faster than others, so you should first validate the data of each one so you do not regret your choice.
Note: Remember that users stop the upload clock from appearing in a stream. You might keep waiting for the connection to return, but if this is constant, you will most likely abandon the video immediately. Therefore, it is recommended that you check all of these aspects before streaming.
I started with MMORPGs and I still play MMORPG, WOW and Tibia :). Casual player in mobile games and sometimes I play Shooters like Valorant or CSGO.